Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Here I post news on my latest projects including art for sketch card projects, comic cover work, convention appearances and film projects.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Empire Muggs Back

I recently was asked by Lucasfilm to customize a Mighty Muggs figure for their project "The Empire Muggs Back: A Mighty Good Cause" to be auctioned by the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I decided instead of doing a character I'll paint a Star Wars scene from the movie - two scenes to be exact, one on each side of the character. One side is the scene of Luke outside his homestead on Tatooine watching the binary suns setting, the other is a view inside the Millenium Falcon cockpit as we see Tie Fighters attack the ship. These were displayed along with many other artists' designs at the Lucasfilm Pavilion at San Diego Comic Con last weekend! Have a look at the pics I took there.

This auction goes on from July 31-August 14, 2009. More information may be found at www.theempiremuggsback.com



1 comment:

Nathan Hamill said...

Hey, David. Nice work! Yeah, there were I believe four figures with star fields. But you and I are the only ones that included the twin suns!